GRANITE RIDGE RESOURCES, INC.
2022 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
1. PURPOSE OF THE PLAN. The purpose of the 2022 Omnibus Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) is to provide favorable opportunities for directors, officers, employees, consultants or advisors employed by or providing service to Granite Ridge Resources, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), or any of its Subsidiaries, to acquire shares of common stock, par value $0.0001 per share, of the Company (“Common Stock”) or to benefit from the appreciation thereof. Such opportunities should provide an increased incentive for these individuals to contribute to the future success and prosperity of the Company, thus enhancing the value of the Company’s Common Stock for the benefit of the stockholders, and increase the ability of the Company to attract and retain individuals of exceptional skill upon whom, in large measure, its sustained progress, growth and profitability depend.
(a) Award means any (i) Options, (ii) Stock Appreciation Rights, (iii) Restricted Shares, (iv) Restricted Stock Units, (v) Dividend Equivalents, (vi) Cash Awards or (vii) Other Awards, granted under the Plan, whether granted singly, in combination or in tandem to a Participant.
(b) Award Agreement means the written agreement between the Company and a Participant that sets forth the terms, conditions, performance requirements, limitations and restrictions applicable to an Award.
(c) Board means the Board of Directors of the Company.
(d) Cash Award means an Award granted pursuant the Plan and payable in cash at such time or times and subject to such terms and conditions as determined by the Committee in its sole discretion.
(e) Change of Control means the occurrence of any of the following events:
|(i)||any “person” (as that term is used in Sections 13 and 14(d)(2) of the Exchange Act) other than a Permitted Holder (as defined below) is or becomes the beneficial owner (as that term is used in Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act), directly or indirectly, of 50% or more of either the outstanding shares of Common Stock or the combined voting power of the Company’s then outstanding voting securities entitled to vote generally,|
|(ii)||during any period of two consecutive years, individuals who constitute the Board at the beginning of such period cease for any reason to constitute at least a majority thereof, unless the election or the nomination for election by the Company’s stockholders of each new director was approved by a vote of at least three-quarters of the directors then still in office who were directors at the beginning of the period, or|
|(iii)||the Company undergoes a liquidation or dissolution or a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company.|
No merger, consolidation or corporate reorganization in which the owners of the combined voting power of the Company’s then outstanding voting securities entitled to vote generally prior to said combination, own 50% or more of the resulting entity’s outstanding voting securities shall, by itself, be considered a Change of Control. As used herein, “Permitted Holder” means (A) the Company, (B) any corporation, partnership, trust or other entity controlled by the Company, (C) any employee benefit plan (or related trust) sponsored or maintained by the Company or any such controlled entity, and (D) any of GREP Holdco I LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, GREP Holdco II LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, GREP Holdco II-B Holdings LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, GREP Holdco III-A LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, and GREP Holdco III-B Holdings LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, and their respective Affiliates.
(f) Code means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. All section references to the Code in this Plan are intended to include any amendments or substitutions thereof or subsequent to the adoption of the Plan.
(g) Committee means the Compensation Committee of the Board. If there is no Compensation Committee of the Board, the term “Committee” shall be deemed to refer to the Board for all purposes under the Plan.
(h) Common Stock has the meaning set forth in Section 1 of the Plan.
(i) Company Group means, collectively, the Company and its Subsidiaries.
(j) Dividend Equivalents means a right granted to a Participant under the Plan to receive the equivalent value (in cash or shares of Common Stock) of dividends paid on shares of Common Stock.
(k) Eligible Individuals means any of the following individuals: (i) directors, officers, managers, and employees of the Company Group, or (ii) consultants or advisors to the Company Group.
(l) Exchange Act means the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. References to any specific section of the Exchange Act shall be deemed to include such regulations and guidance issued thereunder, as well as any successor section, regulations or guidance.
(m) Exercise Price means the exercise price per share of Common Stock specified in an Option or Stock Appreciation Right.
(n) Fair Market Value means, with respect to shares of Common Stock, unless otherwise required by any applicable provision of the Code or any regulations issued thereunder, as of any date: (i) if the Common Stock is listed on a national securities exchange, the closing sales price of the Common Stock reported on the primary exchange on which the Common Stock is listed and traded on such date, or, if there are no such sales on that date, then on the last preceding date on which such sales were reported; (ii) if the Common Stock is not listed on any national securities exchange but is quoted in an inter-dealer quotation system on a last-sale basis, the average between the closing bid price and ask price reported on such date, or, if there is no such sale on that date, then on the last preceding date on which a sale was reported; or (iii) if the Common Stock is not listed on a national securities exchange or quoted in an inter-dealer quotation system on a last-sale basis, the amount determined by the Committee in good faith to be the fair market value of the Common Stock. For purposes of the grant of any Award, the applicable date shall be the trading day immediately prior to the date on which the Award is granted. For purposes of the exercise of any Award, the applicable date shall be the date a notice of exercise is received by the Committee or, if not a date on which the applicable market is open, the next day on which such market is open.
(o) Incentive Stock Option means an Option intended, as expressed in the Award Agreement, to meet the requirements of an “incentive stock option” as defined in Section 422(b) of the Code and the regulations thereunder.
(p) Non-Employee Director means a member of the Board who is not an employee of any member of the Company Group.
(q) Non-Qualified Stock Option means an Option that is not an Incentive Stock Option.
(r) Option means a right to purchase shares of Common Stock at a stated price. An Option may either be an Incentive Stock Option or a Non-Qualified Stock Option.
(s) Other Award means an Award designated as an Other Award pursuant to this Plan.
(t) Participant means an Eligible Individual to whom one or more Awards are or have been granted under this Plan and have not been fully settled or cancelled and, following the death of any such person, his successors, heirs, executors and administrators, as the case may be.
(u) Person means any individual, entity or group (within the meaning of Section 13(d)(3) or 14(d)(2) of the Exchange Act).
(v) Plan means this Granite Ridge Resources, Inc. 2022 Omnibus Incentive Plan, as set forth herein and as it may be amended from time to time.
(w) Qualifying Director means a Director who is (i) a “non-employee director” within the meaning of Rule 16b-3 under the Exchange Act and (b) “independent” under the listing standards or rules of the securities exchange upon which the Common Stock is traded, but only to the extent such independence is required in order to take the action at issue pursuant to such standards or rule.
(x) Restricted Stock means a share of Common Stock that may be subject to certain transferability and other restrictions and to a risk of forfeiture (including by reason of not satisfying certain performance goals).
(y) Restricted Stock Unit means a right to receive a share of Common Stock at a future date (or an amount in cash or other consideration determined by the Committee to be of equal value as of such date), which may be conditioned on the satisfaction of certain requirements (including the satisfaction of certain performance goals).
(z) Stock Appreciation Right means a right to receive, with respect to each share of Common Stock subject to such Stock Appreciation Right, value in an amount equal to the excess, if any, of (i) the Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock on the day of exercise or the trading day immediately preceding the date of exercise, as determined by the Administrator in its reasonable discretion over (ii) the Exercise Price of such Stock Appreciation Right.
(aa) Sub-Plan means any sub-plan to the Plan that has been adopted by the Board or the Committee for the purpose of permitting or facilitating the offering of Awards to employees of certain designated Subsidiaries organized under the laws of any jurisdiction other than the United States of America or otherwise outside the jurisdiction of the United States of America, with each such Sub-Plan designed to comply with applicable law in such foreign jurisdictions. Although any Sub-Plan may be designated a separate and independent plan from the Plan in order to comply with applicable law, the Plan Share Reserve and the other limits specified in Section 4 of the Plan shall apply in the aggregate to the Plan and any Sub-Plan adopted hereunder.
(bb) Subsidiaries has the meaning given to such term by Section 424 of the Code.
(cc) Termination means the termination of a Participant’s employment or service, as applicable, with the Company or Subsidiary with which such Participant was principally employed or to which such Participant provided services, for any reason (including death or disability).
(a) General. The Committee shall administer the Plan, except to the extent such administration has been delegated pursuant to Section 3(c) of the Plan. To the extent required to comply with the provisions of Rule 16b-3 promulgated under the Exchange Act, it is intended that each member of the Committee shall, at the time such member takes any action with respect to an Award under the Plan that is intended to qualify for the exemptions provided by Rule 16b-3 promulgated under the Exchange Act be a Qualifying Director, or, to the extent that each member of the Committee is not a Qualifying Director, such action shall be instead taken by the Board . However, the fact that a Committee member shall fail to qualify as a Qualifying Director shall not invalidate any Award granted by the Committee that is otherwise validly granted under the Plan.
(b) Committee Authority. Subject to the provisions of the Plan and applicable law, the Committee shall have the sole and plenary authority, in addition to other express powers and authorizations conferred on the Committee by the Plan, to (i) designate Participants; (ii) determine the type or types of Awards to be granted to a Participant; (iii) determine the number of shares of Common Stock to be covered by, or with respect to which payments, rights, or other matters are to be calculated in connection with, Awards; (iv) determine the terms and conditions of any Award; (v) determine whether, to what extent, and under what circumstances Awards may be settled in, or exercised for, cash, shares of Common Stock, other securities, other Awards or other property, or canceled, forfeited, or suspended and the method or methods by which Awards may be settled, exercised, canceled, forfeited, or suspended; (vi) determine whether, to what extent, and under what circumstances the delivery of cash, shares of Common Stock, other securities, other Awards, or other property and other amounts payable with respect to an Award shall be deferred either automatically or at the election of the Participant or of the Committee; (vii) interpret, administer, reconcile any inconsistency in, correct any defect in and/or supply any omission in the Plan and any instrument or agreement relating to, or Award granted under, the Plan; (viii) establish, amend, suspend, or waive any rules and regulations and appoint such agents as the Committee shall deem appropriate for the proper administration of the Plan; (ix) adopt Sub-Plans; and (x) make any other determination and take any other action that the Committee deems necessary or desirable for the administration of the Plan.
(c) Delegation. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, the Committee may allocate all or any portion of its responsibilities and powers to any one or more of its members and may delegate all or any part of its responsibilities and powers to any Person or Persons selected by it, which shall then be considered the Committee for such purposes. Any such allocation or delegation may be revoked by the Committee at any time. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Committee may delegate to one or more officers of the Company the authority to act on behalf of the Committee with respect to any matter, right, obligation, or election which is the responsibility of, or which is allocated to, the Committee herein, and which may be so delegated in accordance with applicable law, except with respect to grants of Awards to Persons (i) who are Non-Employee Directors, or (ii) who are subject to Section 16 of the Exchange Act.
(d) Finality of Decisions. Unless otherwise expressly provided in the Plan, all designations, determinations, interpretations, and other decisions under or with respect to the Plan, any Award or any Award Agreement shall be within the sole discretion of the Committee, may be made at any time and shall be final, conclusive and binding upon all Persons, including, without limitation, the Company Group, any Participant, any holder or beneficiary of any Award, and any stockholder of the Company.
(e) Indemnification. No member of the Board, the Committee, or any employee or agent of any member of the Company (each such Person, an “Indemnifiable Person”) shall be liable for any action taken or omitted to be taken or any determination made with respect to the Plan or any Award hereunder (unless constituting fraud or a willful criminal act or omission). Each Indemnifiable Person shall be indemnified and held harmless by the Company against and from any loss, cost, liability, or expense (including attorneys’ fees) that may be imposed upon or incurred by such Indemnifiable Person in connection with or resulting from any action, suit or proceeding to which such Indemnifiable Person may be a party or in which such Indemnifiable Person may be involved by reason of any action taken or omitted to be taken or determination made with respect to the Plan or any Award hereunder.
(f) Board Authority. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Plan, the Board may, in its sole discretion, at any time and from time to time, grant Awards and administer the Plan, with respect to such Awards. Any such actions by the Board shall be subject to the applicable rules of the securities exchange or inter-dealer quotation system on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted. In any such case, the Board shall have all the authority granted to the Committee under the Plan.
4. AWARDS, IN GENERAL.
(a) Number of Shares. The aggregate number of shares of Common Stock which may be issued under the Plan and with respect to which Awards may be made is 6,500,000 shares (the “Plan Share Reserve”). The shares may be authorized and unissued or issued and reacquired shares, as the Board from time to time may determine. Shares with respect to which Options or Stock Appreciation Rights are not exercised prior to termination of the Option or Stock Appreciation Right, shares that are subject to Restricted Stock Units which expire without converting to Common Stock, and shares of Restricted Stock which are forfeited before the restrictions lapse, shall be available again for issuance under the Plan. Notwithstanding the foregoing, neither (i) shares accepted by the Company in payment of the Exercise Price of any Option, if permitted under the terms of such Option, (ii) any shares withheld from a Participant, or delivered to the Company in satisfaction of required withholding taxes arising from Awards under the Plan, nor (iii) the difference between the total number of shares with respect to which a Stock Appreciation Right is awarded and the number of shares actually delivered upon exercise of such Stock Appreciation Right, shall be available for reissuance under the Plan.
(b) Additional Limitations. Subject to Section 10 of the Plan, (i) no more than the number of shares of Common Stock equal to the Plan Share Reserve may be issued in the aggregate pursuant to the exercise of Incentive Stock Options granted under the Plan; and (ii) during a single fiscal year, the number of Awards eligible to be made to each Non-Employee Director, taken together with any cash fees paid to such Non-Employee Director during such fiscal year, in each case, in respect of service s a Non-Employee Director during such fiscal year, shall not exceed a total value of $750,000 (calculating the value of any such Awards based on the grant date fair value of such Awards for financial reporting purposes).
(c) Substitute Awards. Awards may, in the sole discretion of the Committee, be granted under the Plan in assumption of, or in substitution for, outstanding awards previously granted by an entity directly or indirectly acquired by the Company or with which a member of the Company Group combines (“Substitute Awards”). Substitute Awards shall not be counted against the Plan Share Reserve; provided, that Substitute Awards issued in connection with the assumption of, or in substitution for, outstanding options intended to qualify as “incentive stock options” within the meaning of Section 422 of the Code shall be counted against the aggregate number of shares of Common Stock available for Awards of Incentive Stock Options under the Plan. Subject to applicable stock exchange requirements, available shares under a stockholder-approved plan of an entity directly or indirectly acquired by the Company or with which a member of the Company Group combines (as appropriately adjusted to reflect the acquisition or combination transaction) may be used for Awards under the Plan and shall not reduce the number of shares of Common Stock available for issuance under the Plan.
5. PARTICIPATION. The Committee may, from time to time, in its discretion grant Awards to Participants from among the Eligible Individuals.
6. GRANTS OF OPTIONS. The Committee is hereby authorized to grant Awards of Options to Eligible Individuals. The terms and conditions of each Option shall be set forth in an Award Agreement between the Company and the Participant on such terms and conditions as may be deemed advisable by the Committee in its discretion, but not inconsistent with the following:
(a) Exercise Price. The Exercise Price shall not be less than 100% of the Fair Market Value of Common Stock on the date such Option is granted.
(b) Payment. The Exercise Price multiplied by the number of shares to be purchased by exercise of the Option shall be paid upon the exercise thereof. Upon exercise of the Option, the aggregate Exercise Price shall be payable in the manner provided by the applicable Award Agreement, which may include, without limitation payment in the form of: (i) cash equal to such aggregate Exercise Price, (ii) shares of Common Stock owned by the Participant having a Fair Market Value at least equal to such aggregate Exercise Price on the day of exercise or the trading day immediately preceding the date of exercise as determined by the Administrator in its reasonable discretion, (iii) any cashless exercise mechanism, or (iv) a combination of any of the above methods which total to such aggregate Exercise Price.
(c) Stockholder Rights. A holder of an Option shall have none of the rights of a stockholder until the shares are issued to him or her; provided that if a Participant exercises an Option and the appropriate purchase price is received by the Company in accordance with this Section 6(c) prior to any dividend record date, such Participant shall be entitled to receive the dividends which would be paid on the shares subject to such exercise if such shares were outstanding on such record date. In no event shall dividends be paid with respect to Options prior to their exercise.
(d) Term of Option; Exercise. The Committee may designate the term of an Option in the Award Agreement, provided that the term shall not exceed ten years. During such term, an Option shall be exercisable at such times and under such conditions as shall be permissible under the terms of this Plan and of the Award Agreement.
(e) Limitations Applicable to Incentive Stock Options. It is intended that Incentive Stock Options shall conform to the requirements of Sections 422 and 424 of the Code. To the extent that the aggregate Fair Market Value of the Common Stock, with respect to which Incentive Stock Options granted under this or any other Plan of the Company are exercisable for the first time by a Participant during any calendar year exceeds $100,000, or such other amount as may be permitted under the Code, such excess shall be considered Non-Qualified Stock Options. Notwithstanding anything in the Plan to the contrary, any Incentive Stock Option awarded to any Participant who, at the time of the Award, is the owner, directly or indirectly, of stock possessing more than ten percent (10%) of the total combined voting power of all classes of stock of the Company or any Subsidiary, shall (i) have a term not exceeding five years from the date of grant, and (ii) shall have an Exercise Price per share of not less than 110% of the Fair Market Value of the Common Stock on the date the Incentive Stock Option is granted.
7. GRANTS OF STOCK APPRECIATION RIGHTS. The Committee is hereby authorized to grant Awards of Stock Appreciation Rights to Eligible Individuals. The terms and conditions of each Stock Appreciation Right shall be set forth in an Award Agreement between the Company and the Participant on such terms and conditions as may be deemed advisable by the Committee in its discretion, but not inconsistent with the following:
(a) Exercise Price. The Exercise Price of a Stock Appreciation Right shall be not less than 100% of the Fair Market Value of the Company’s Common Stock on the date the Stock Appreciation Right is granted.
(b) Term; Exercise. The Committee may designate the term of a Stock Appreciation Right in the Award Agreement, provided that the term shall not exceed ten years. During such term, a Stock Appreciation Right shall be exercisable at such times and under such conditions as shall be permissible under the terms of this Plan and of the Award Agreement.
(c) Tandem Awards. Stock Appreciation Rights may be awarded on a stand-alone basis or in tandem with an Option. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Plan, any Stock Appreciation Right awarded in tandem with an Option:
|(i)||shall entitle the Participant to exercise all or a portion of the Stock Appreciation Right in lieu of all or a portion of the Option,|
|(ii)||shall vest and expire on the same dates as the underlying Option and shall utilize the same Exercise Price as the underlying Option, and|
|(iii)||may be exercised only to the extent that the related Option has not been exercised. The exercise of Stock Appreciation Rights granted in tandem with an Option shall result in a pro rata surrender of the related Option to the extent that the Stock Appreciation Rights have been exercised.|
(d) Settlement of Stock Appreciation Right. Stock Appreciation Rights will be settled in fully vested shares of Stock or in cash, as specified in the Award Agreement.
8. RESTRICTED STOCK AND RESTRICTED STOCK UNITS. The Committee is hereby authorized to grant Awards of Restricted Stock and Restricted Stock Units to Eligible Individuals. The terms and conditions of each Award of Restricted Stock or Restricted Stock Units shall be set forth in an Award Agreement between the Company and the Participant on such terms and conditions as may be deemed advisable by the Committee in its discretion, but not inconsistent with the following:
(a) Restriction Period. The Committee shall determine the events or conditions necessary for the lapse of restrictions applicable to the award of Restricted Stock or Restricted Stock Units, which may include, among other things, requirements of continuous service for a specified term or the attainment of specific performance standards or goals, which restrictions may differ among Participants. Upon the lapse of the restriction period and the attainment of any other vesting criteria established by the Committee, with respect to any outstanding Restricted Stock Units, the Company shall deliver to the Participant one share of Common Stock (or cash or other consideration in lieu of delivering shares, as the case may be) for each such outstanding and vested Restricted Stock Unit; provided, however, that the Committee may elect to defer the delivery of Common Stock beyond the expiration of the restricted period only (i) with written permission of the participant, and (ii) if such extension would not cause adverse tax consequences under Section 409A of the Code. Award Agreements for Restricted Stock and Restricted Stock Units shall provide for forfeiture of Common Stock covered thereby to the extent the Restricted Stock or Restricted Stock Units do not vest during the restricted period specified in the Award Agreement, except as the Committee may otherwise determine in the Award Agreement.
(b) Stockholder Rights. Except to the extent restricted under the Award Agreement relating to the Restricted Stock, a Participant receiving Restricted Stock shall be entitled the rights of a stockholder with respect to such Restricted Stock, including the right to receive dividends and vote shares of Restricted Stock upon the expiration of the applicable restriction period. Until Common Stock is issued to the Participant in settlement of Restricted Stock Units, the Participant shall not have any rights of a stockholder with respect to the Restricted Stock Units or the shares issuable thereunder. The Committee may determine in the applicable Award Agreement whether and to what extent the recipient of Restricted Stock Units has the rights of a stockholder of the Company including, but not limited to, whether the Participant receiving the Award has the right to vote the shares or to receive dividends or dividend equivalents upon the expiration of the applicable restriction period.
(c) Dividend Equivalents. If the Committee so provides, a grant of Restricted Stock Units may provide a Participant with the right to receive Dividend Equivalents. Dividend Equivalents may be paid currently or credited to an account for the Participant, settled in cash or shares of Common Stock and subject to the same restrictions on transferability and forfeitability as the Restricted Stock Units with respect to which the dividend equivalents are granted and subject to other terms and conditions as set forth in the Award Agreement.
9. OTHER AWARDS. The Committee may, in its sole discretion, grant Awards of Common Stock, including fully vested Common Stock, other Awards that are valued in whole or in part by reference to the Fair Market Value of Common Stock and Cash Awards. These Awards shall collectively be referred to herein as Other Awards. Other Awards shall be in such form, and dependent on such conditions, as the Committee shall determine, including, but not limited to, the right to receive fully vested shares or cash. Subject to the other terms of the Plan, Other Awards may be granted to such Eligible Individuals in such amounts and upon such terms, and at any time and from time to time, as shall be determined by the Committee and set forth in an Award Agreement.
10. ADJUSTMENT IN THE EVENT OF CHANGE IN STOCK. Subject to Section 11, if there is any change in the number or kind of shares of Company Stock outstanding (a) by reason of a stock dividend, spinoff, recapitalization, stock split, or combination or exchange of shares; (b) by reason of a merger, reorganization, or consolidation; (c) by reason of a reclassification or change in par value; or (d) by reason of any other extraordinary or unusual event affecting the outstanding Company Stock as a class without the Company’s receipt of consideration, or if the value of outstanding shares of Company Stock is substantially reduced as a result of a spinoff or the Company’s payment of an extraordinary dividend or distribution, the maximum number of shares of Company Stock available for Awards, the number of shares covered by outstanding Awards, the kind of shares issued under the Plan, and the price per share of such Awards shall be adjusted by the Board to reflect any increase or decrease in the number of, or change in the kind or value of, issued shares of Company Stock to preclude the enlargement or dilution of rights and benefits under such Awards; provided, however, that any fractional shares resulting from such adjustment shall be eliminated. Any adjustments determined by the Board shall be final, binding, and conclusive.
11. EFFECT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL. Except to the extent reflected in a particular Award Agreement, in the event of a Change of Control:
(a) Assumption of Awards. Upon a Change of Control where the Company is not the surviving corporation (or survives only as a subsidiary of another corporation), unless the Committee determines otherwise, all outstanding Awards shall be assumed by, or replaced with comparable Awards by, the surviving corporation (or a parent or subsidiary of the surviving corporation).
(b) Termination of Awards. Upon a Change of Control where the Company is not the surviving corporation (or survives only as a subsidiary of another corporation), in the event the surviving corporation (or a parent or subsidiary of the surviving corporation) does not assume or replace the Awards with comparable Awards, (i) the Company shall provide each Participant with outstanding Awards written notice of such Change of Control, (ii) all Options and Stock Appreciation Rights shall become immediately exercisable with respect to 100% of the shares or rights subject thereto, (iii) the Restricted Stock that is subject to time-based vesting and not subject to achievement of performance goals shall become fully vested and all restrictions shall expire immediately, (iv) the Restricted Stock that is subject to achievement of performance goals and not subject to time-based vesting shall, unless the Award Agreement provides for vesting or earning in a greater amount upon the occurrence of a Change of Control, become vested, free of restrictions, in such amounts as determined by the Committee as if the applicable performance goals for the unexpired performance period had been achieved at least at the target level set forth in the applicable Award Agreement and the corresponding number of shares of Restricted Stock shall vest, (v) the Restricted Stock Units that are subject to time-based vesting and not subject to achievement of performance goals shall become fully vested and the shares of Common Stock subject to such Restricted Stock Units shall be delivered as promptly as practicable, subject to any limitations imposed thereon by Section 409A of the Code, and (vi) the Restricted Stock Units that are subject to achievement of performance goals and not subject to time-based vesting shall, unless the Award Agreement provides for vesting or earning in a greater amount upon the occurrence of a Change of Control, become vested and earned in such amounts as determined by the Committee as if the applicable performance goals for the unexpired performance period had been achieved at least at the target level set forth in the applicable Award Agreement and the corresponding number of shares of Common Stock subject to such Restricted Stock Units shall be delivered as promptly as practicable, subject to any limitations imposed thereon by Section 409A of the Code.
(c) Other Alternatives. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event of a Change of Control, the Committee may, in its discretion, cancel any outstanding Options, Stock Appreciation Rights or Restricted Stock Awards and pay to the holders thereof, in cash, the value of such Awards based upon the highest price per share of Common Stock received or to be received by other stockholders of the Company in connection with the Change of Control.
12. RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFER.
(a) Each Award shall be exercisable only by such Participant to whom such Award was granted during the Participant’s lifetime, or, if permissible under applicable law, by the Participant’s legal guardian or representative. No Award may be assigned, alienated, pledged, attached, sold or otherwise transferred or encumbered by a Participant (unless such transfer is specifically required pursuant to a domestic relations order or by applicable law) other than by will or by the laws of descent and distribution and any such purported assignment, alienation, pledge, attachment, sale, transfer or encumbrance shall be void and unenforceable against the Company; provided, that the designation of a beneficiary shall not constitute an assignment, alienation, pledge, attachment, sale, transfer or encumbrance.
(b) Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Committee may, in its sole discretion, permit Awards (other than Incentive Stock Options) to be transferred by a Participant, without consideration, subject to such rules as the Committee may adopt consistent with any applicable Award Agreement to preserve the purposes of the Plan, to (i) any person who is a “family member” of the Participant, as such term is used in the instructions to Form S-8 under the Securities Act or any successor form of registration statement promulgated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (collectively, the “Immediate Family Members”); (ii) a trust solely for the benefit of the Participant and the Participant’s Immediate Family Members; (iii) a partnership or limited liability company whose only partners or stockholders are the Participant and the Participant’s Immediate Family Members; or (iv) a beneficiary to whom donations are eligible to be treated as “charitable contributions” for federal income tax purposes (each transferee described in clauses (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) above is hereinafter referred to as a “Permitted Transferee”); provided, that the Participant gives the Committee advance written notice describing the terms and conditions of the proposed transfer and the Committee notifies the Participant in writing that such a transfer would comply with the requirements of the Plan.
(c) The terms of any Award transferred in accordance with clause (b) above shall apply to the Permitted Transferee and any reference in the Plan, or in any applicable Award Agreement, to a Participant shall be deemed to refer to the Permitted Transferee, except that (i) Permitted Transferees shall not be entitled to transfer any Award, other than by will or the laws of descent and distribution; (ii) Permitted Transferees shall not be entitled to exercise any transferred Option unless there shall be in effect a registration statement on an appropriate form covering the shares of Common Stock to be acquired pursuant to the exercise of such Option if the Committee determines, consistent with any applicable Award Agreement, that such a registration statement is necessary or appropriate; (iii) neither the Committee nor the Company shall be required to provide any notice to a Permitted Transferee, whether or not such notice is or would otherwise have been required to be given to the Participant under the Plan or otherwise; and (iv) the consequences of a Participant’s Termination under the terms of the Plan and the applicable Award Agreement shall continue to be applied with respect to the Participant, including, without limitation, that an Option shall be exercisable by the Permitted Transferee only to the extent, and for the periods, specified in the Plan and the applicable Award Agreement.
13. AMENDMENT AND DISCONTINUANCE.
(a) The Board may from time to time amend or revise the terms of the Plan, or may discontinue the Plan at any time as permitted by law, provided, however, that such amendment shall not (except as provided in Section 10), without further approval of the stockholders, (i) increase the aggregate number of shares with respect to which awards may be made under the Plan, (ii) change the manner of determining the Exercise Price (other than determining the Fair Market Value of the Common Stock to conform with applicable provisions of the Code or regulations and interpretations thereunder), or (iii) extend the term of the Plan or the maximum period during which any Option may be exercised.
(b) No amendments, revision or discontinuance of the Plan shall, without the consent of a Participant, in any manner adversely affect his or her rights under any Award theretofore granted under the Plan.
(c) Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the Company shall not, without stockholder approval, reduce the Exercise Price of any Option or Stock Appreciation Right and shall not exchange any Option or Stock Appreciation Right for a new Award with a lower (or no) Exercise Price or for cash.
14. EFFECTIVE DATE AND DURATION. The Plan was adopted by the Board and became effective on October 24, 2022, and has been approved by the stockholders of the Company and the stockholders of Executive Network Partnering Corporation (as the predecessor to the Company). No Award may be granted under the Plan after October 24, 2032.
15. TAX WITHHOLDING. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Plan, the Company or its Subsidiaries, as appropriate, shall have the right to deduct from all Awards under the Plan cash and/or stock, with a Fair Market Value in the amount of all federal, state or local withholding taxes (up to the maximum permissible statutory tax rate for the applicable tax jurisdiction, to the extent consistent with applicable law) with respect to such Awards. In the case of Awards paid in Common Stock, the Participant or Permitted Transferee may be required to pay to the Company or a Subsidiary thereof, as appropriate, the amount of any such taxes which the Company or Subsidiary is required to withhold, if any, with respect to such stock. Subject in particular cases to the disapproval of the Committee, the Company may accept shares of the Company’s Common Stock of equivalent Fair Market Value in payment of such withholding tax obligations if the Participant elects to make payment in such manner.
16. GOVERNING LAW. The Plan shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware applicable to contracts made and performed wholly within the State of Delaware, without giving effect to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. EACH PARTICIPANT WHO ACCEPTS AN AWARD IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUIT, ACTION, OR OTHER PROCEEDING INSTITUTED BY OR AGAINST SUCH PARTICIPANT IN RESPECT OF THE PARTICIPANT’S RIGHTS OR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER.
17. GOVERNMENT AND OTHER REGULATIONS.
(a) The obligation of the Company to settle Awards in shares of Common Stock or other consideration shall be subject to all applicable law. Notwithstanding any terms or conditions of any Award to the contrary, the Company shall be under no obligation to offer to sell or to sell, and shall be prohibited from offering to sell or selling, any shares of Common Stock pursuant to an Award unless such shares have been properly registered for sale pursuant to the Securities Act with the Securities and Exchange Commission or unless the Company has received an opinion of counsel (if the Company has requested such an opinion), satisfactory to the Company, that such shares may be offered or sold without such registration pursuant to an available exemption therefrom and the terms and conditions of such exemption have been fully complied with. The Company shall be under no obligation to register for sale under the Securities Act any of the shares of Common Stock to be offered or sold under the Plan. The Committee shall have the authority to provide that all shares of Common Stock or other securities of the Company issued under the Plan shall be subject to such stop-transfer orders and other restrictions as the Committee may deem advisable under the Plan, the applicable Award Agreement and applicable law, and, without limiting the generality of Section 8 of the Plan, the Committee may cause a legend or legends to be put on certificates representing shares of Common Stock or other securities of the Company issued under the Plan to make appropriate reference to such restrictions or may cause such Common Stock or other securities of the Company issued under the Plan in book-entry form to be held subject to the Company’s instructions or subject to appropriate stop-transfer orders. Notwithstanding any provision in the Plan to the contrary, the Committee reserves the right to add, at any time, any additional terms or provisions to any Award granted under the Plan that the Committee, in its sole discretion, deems necessary or advisable in order that such Award complies with the legal requirements of any governmental entity to whose jurisdiction the Award is subject.
(b) The Committee may cancel an Award or any portion thereof if it determines, in its sole discretion, that legal or contractual restrictions and/or blockage and/or other market considerations would make the Company’s acquisition of shares of Common Stock from the public markets, the Company’s issuance of Common Stock to the Participant, the Participant’s acquisition of Common Stock from the Company and/or the Participant’s sale of Common Stock to the public markets, illegal, impracticable or inadvisable. If the Committee determines to cancel all or any portion of an Award in accordance with the foregoing, the Company shall, subject to any limitations or reductions as may be necessary to comply with Section 409A of the Code, (i) pay to the Participant an amount equal to the excess of (A) the aggregate Fair Market Value of the shares of Common Stock subject to such Award or portion thereof canceled (determined as of the applicable exercise date, or the date that the shares would have been vested or issued, as applicable); over (B) the aggregate Exercise Price or any amount payable as a condition of issuance of shares of Common Stock (in the case of any other Award). Such amount shall be delivered to the Participant as soon as practicable following the cancellation of such Award or portion thereof, or (ii) in the case of Restricted Stock, Restricted Stock Units or Other Awards, provide the Participant with a cash payment or equity subject to deferred vesting and delivery consistent with the vesting restrictions applicable to such Restricted Stock, Restricted Stock Units or Other Awards, or the underlying shares in respect thereof.
18. NO CLAIM TO AWARDS; NO RIGHTS TO CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT; WAIVER. No employee of the Company or its Subsidiaries, or other Person, shall have any claim or right to be granted an Award under the Plan or, having been selected for the grant of an Award, to be selected for a grant of any other Award. There is no obligation for uniformity of treatment of Participants or holders or beneficiaries of Awards. The terms and conditions of Awards and the Committee’s determinations and interpretations with respect thereto need not be the same with respect to each Participant and may be made selectively among Participants, whether or not such Participants are similarly situated. Neither the Plan nor any action taken hereunder shall be construed as giving any Participant any right to be retained in the employ or service of any member of the Company Group, nor shall it be construed as giving any Participant any rights to continued service on the Board. The applicable member of the Company Group may at any time dismiss a Participant from employment or discontinue any consulting relationship, free from any liability or any claim under the Plan, unless otherwise expressly provided in the Plan or any Award Agreement. By accepting an Award under the Plan, a Participant shall thereby be deemed to have waived any claim to continued exercise or vesting of an Award or to damages or severance entitlement related to non-continuation of the Award beyond the period provided under the Plan or any Award Agreement, except to the extent of any provision to the contrary in any written employment contract or other agreement between any member of the Company Group and the Participant, whether any such agreement is executed before, on or after the date of grant.
19. INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS. With respect to Participants who reside or work outside of the United States of America, the Committee may, in its sole discretion, amend the terms of the Plan and create or amend Sub-Plans or amend outstanding Awards with respect to such Participants in order to permit or facilitate participation in the Plan by such Participants, conform such terms with the requirements of applicable law or to obtain more favorable tax or other treatment for a Participant or the applicable member of the Company Group.
20. TERMINATION. Except as otherwise provided in an Award Agreement, unless determined otherwise by the Committee at any point following such event: (a) neither a temporary absence from employment or service due to illness, vacation or leave of absence (including, without limitation, a call to active duty for military service through a Reserve or National Guard unit) nor a transfer from employment or service with one member of the Company Group to employment or service with another member of the Company Group (or vice-versa) shall be considered a Termination; and (b) if a Participant undergoes a Termination, but such Participant continues to provide services to any member of the Company Group in a non-employee capacity, such change in status shall not be considered a Termination for purposes of the Plan. Further, unless otherwise determined by the Committee, in the event that any member of the Company Group ceases to be a member of the Company Group (by reason of sale, divestiture, spin-off or other similar transaction), unless a Participant’s employment or service is transferred to another entity that would constitute a member of the Company Group immediately following such transaction, such Participant shall be deemed to have suffered a Termination hereunder as of the date of the consummation of such transaction.
21. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of the Plan or any Award or Award Agreement is or becomes or is deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction or as to any Person or Award, or would disqualify the Plan or any Award under any law deemed applicable by the Committee, such provision shall be construed or deemed amended to conform to the applicable laws, or if it cannot be construed or deemed amended without, in the determination of the Committee, materially altering the intent of the Plan or the Award, such provision shall be construed or deemed stricken as to such jurisdiction, Person or Award and the remainder of the Plan and any such Award shall remain in full force and effect.
22. SUCCESSORS. The obligations of the Company under the Plan shall be binding upon any successor corporation or organization resulting from the merger, consolidation or other reorganization of the Company, or upon any successor corporation or organization succeeding to substantially all of the assets and business of the Company.
23. CLAWBACK/REPAYMENT. All Awards shall be subject to reduction, cancellation, forfeiture or recoupment to the extent necessary to comply with (a) any clawback, forfeiture or other similar policy adopted by the Board or the Committee and as in effect from time to time; and (b) applicable law.
24. SECTION 409A OF THE CODE.
(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the Plan to the contrary, it is intended that the provisions of the Plan comply with Section 409A of the Code or an exemption thereunder, and all provisions of the Plan shall be construed and interpreted in a manner consistent with the requirements for avoiding taxes or penalties under Section 409A of the Code. Each Participant is solely responsible and liable for the satisfaction of all taxes and penalties that may be imposed on or in respect of such Participant in connection with the Plan (including any taxes and penalties under Section 409A of the Code), and neither the Company nor any member of the Company Group shall have any obligation to indemnify or otherwise hold such Participant (or any beneficiary) harmless from any or all of such taxes or penalties. With respect to any Award that is considered “deferred compensation” subject to Section 409A of the Code, references in the Plan to “termination of employment” (and substantially similar phrases) shall mean “separation from service” within the meaning of Section 409A of the Code. For purposes of Section 409A of the Code, each of the payments that may be made in respect of any Award granted under the Plan is designated as separate payments.
(b) Notwithstanding anything in the Plan to the contrary, if a Participant is a “specified employee” within the meaning of Section 409A(a)(2)(B)(i) of the Code, no payments in respect of any Awards that are “deferred compensation” subject to Section 409A of the Code and which would otherwise be payable upon the Participant’s “separation from service” (as defined in Section 409A of the Code) shall be made to such Participant prior to the date that is six months after the date of such Participant’s “separation from service” or, if earlier, the date of the Participant’s death. Following any applicable six month delay, all such delayed payments will be paid in a single lump sum on the earliest date permitted under Section 409A of the Code that is also a business day.
(c) Unless otherwise provided by the Committee in an Award Agreement or otherwise, in the event that the timing of payments in respect of any Award (that would otherwise be considered “deferred compensation” subject to Section 409A of the Code) would be accelerated upon the occurrence of (i) a Change of Control, no such acceleration shall be permitted unless the event giving rise to the Change of Control satisfies the definition of a change in the ownership or effective control of a corporation, or a change in the ownership of a substantial portion of the assets of a corporation pursuant to Section 409A of the Code; or (ii) a disability, no such acceleration shall be permitted unless the disability also satisfies the definition of “disability” pursuant to Section 409A of the Code.